The Core business of Mobile Hose Fixers & Hydraulics is the Repair and Maintenance of High Pressure Systems on Earth Moving Equipment.
Some interesting facts about excavators;
- The smallest of Caterpillar excavator called a mini or compact excavator weighs less than 1 ton and has a 10 KW engine, the largest Caterpillar excavator weights around 980 tons and has a 3400 KW engine.
- Before 1993 all excavators had counterweight that hung off the rear of the machine to provide more digging force and lifting capacity. This was a nuisance when working in confined areas. In 1993 Yanmar launched the world’s first Zero Tail Swing excavator which allowed the counterweight to stay inside the width of the tracks as it slews or rotates.
The Range of businesses we service include but is not limited to;
- Plumbing and Drainage, trenches holes and foundations
- General Grading and Landscaping
- Sheet and Pile Driving
- Screw Piling and Earth Boring and Drilling
- Scrapping and Recycling industries for metal, concrete, paper and glass.
- River and Channel dredging
General Grading and Landscaping of Subdivisions and new property development
Before Earthmoving work can begin.
The Land needs to be cleared selectively cleared of trees using specialist arborists and equipment raging from Chain saws to Hydraulically operated Wood Chippers , Stump Grinders, Excavators and high pressure water jet cutting.
Next is shaping the land by smoothing the land using scrapers and dozers to remove the high areas and filling the low areas.
Excavators, Skid Steers and Backhoes
Drainage requires the use of the above equipment to cut and dig trenches in order to lay pipes for sewerage and storm water drainage and services such as Electricity and Gas.
Attachments such as Rock hammers, Tilt buckets are also used to break and shape the earth and Directional drilling is used to tunnel deep under roads and rivers, special pipes and cables are then pushed and Pulled through the drilled hole.
Graders and Rollers
Roads and footpaths are then formed by Graders and compacted by rollers
Concrete AGI and Asphalt is then formed and compacted roads and gutters
Individual house pads are then finally shaped by smaller excavators and skid steers based on Council approved drawings of architect’s plans.
Thumbs and Augers
Retaining rock walls are then erected using large rocks or concrete slab walls supported by bored piles.
Recent earthmoving related Projects Include.
- Regular breakdown and maintenance work on 70 and 120 Ton excavators used on larger demolition projects
- Dipper Arm Reseal on 20 ton Komatsu Excavator
- Supply diverter valve and hose distribution system for new tipper installation
- Supply and Install 6 port diverter valve to Excavator
- Case drain system for Sheet Piling Vibro head
- Plumb up tilt hitch
- Dismantle and rebuild and reseal Tilt Hitch
- New boom cylinder rod and reseal on 5 ton Kobelco and Yanmar Excavators
- Dismantle and rebuild multi sectional valve of mobile concrete batching plant